Make your kids financially Literate

I just want to share a piece of this column which my dad cut out from a newspaper back from KK. Pardon me if I can't give you much details specially the name of the broadsheet as he just literally cut this out. My brother has scanned this and shared in his tumblr account .

My dad by the way is a bookworm and he always share his books and newspaper to us whenever he finds something interesting.

This column is about teaching our children on how to become Financially Literate. As the Author said, when our children grow up they will manage their finances and it is an advantage if we can give them a good foundation on how to handle it wisely.



"....What could hinder the occurence of financial education among children/teenagers?

>> It is very simple. Parents who are not financially literate themselves.Parents can play a proactive role in educating their children financially. To do that however, parents themselves have to learn financial literacy. It is not easy but they can set a positive example for their children to follow... "  - Pauline Yong.

Comments

Nice article sis, so much things to learn in your blog, pang award winning ang level ng masterpiece mo..trulalo!
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
hahaha,Thanks po.. ^^ share ko lang sis, lam mo naman ang pinagdadaanan natin ngayon.. mejo nakakalimot sa pag kaskas ng credit card.. :)
Chew On This said…
Kids must know the value of money ^_^ Once they understand, it would be much easier for parents like us ^_^
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
Thanks for reading sis.. ^^
Sumi Go said…
Thanks for sharing this sis! It reminded me that I should be more financially literate myself. My parents taught me naman the importance of managing my finances, but I just have too much expenses and too little income.. >.<
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
Same here sis, napapalakas ang gastos ko lalo na sa mga credit cards. Hope and pray that I can pay of my debts and move forward to bigger savings.. :) Kaya natin yan.