Gardening: Favorite Plant



Here's another hobby that I want to share with you. I grew up watching my parents planting and gardening almost everyday. In the morning, my mom would check her orchids collection and water them while I was cleaning up the fallen leaves of our yellow bell. My dad also loves to trim our creepers in weekends. I grew up having good memories incorporated with gardening. So when we transferred to our own house in 2015 I tried to grow some plants with the help of ate Debie.

 Ate Debs also thought me a lot about gardening. I remember when our Calamansi plant almost died when we placed it on a shaded area. It almost died too when I watered it everyday. Gardening is a tricky hobby. You've gotta love them gently otherwise it will die. "Parang love, it grows naturally, pag nategi madami ka na Hugot dai..." Hugutin mo na ang ugat. Hahah

I have a variety of plants, it came to a point nagmukha nang forrest ang kakapirasong space sa front yard. But I only have one favorite... Bougainvillea. Simple lang but it thrives in drought and neglect. I love its independence. It blooms best pag iniwan...ng jowa. And the blooms survive rain as if nothing happened. It's also a hardy plant, wag kang ano ano dahil kung maka-tinik ay malalim. Ganurn! That's why I super love them.

My Bougies are given by friends and most of them are home grown from cuttings. Ask me where? Well, my first bougie experiment is from Heritage Park in Taguig and others are from BF Homes Clubhouse. Most of them are blooming, all from a tiny stick.. that's why I love my bougies even more.

Here's hubby getting some cuttings.
Some of our loots.


Here are some of my cuttings in the plastic cups on the Right.

The Heritage Park also has lovely bougies.
I have successfully grown some yellow bells from cuttings which I also collected here.
Starter pack

Ganito naman 'pag medyo malala na addiction mo sa Bougainvillea. hahah


Bougies from friends


My home grown bougies.. Looking forward to other blooms.







Bougies are very easy to propagate. I just use river sand and garden soil mixture poke a hole, put the cuttings and place it on a shaded area. In 2 weeks you will notice signs of life, new leaves. Blooms will come in about 5 months.

And if you happen to read this post,  I bet you're a garden lover too. Try planting a bougainvillea and you'll be surprised on how easy it is. The world would be a better place with these flowers. :)



Comments