Pera na hindi Bitin

This is in connection to my recent post Goodbye rcbc bankard .


Last December while I was shopping for gifts in National bookstore, this book got my attention. As my friends know, I'm not a reader. I don't read books but I'm into reading forums and blogs. :p Reading books somewhat do not interest me. But when I saw this book, I have this feeling that I need to buy it.

"Ang Pera na Hindi Bitin" by Eduardo O. Roberto Jr.

The tittle itself got my interest. Paano nga ba hindi mabibitin ang pera namin? We live pay check after check. Before pay day I already have a list of the the things that we need to buy and pay. Worst thing is that if there is an extra, it is merely a small amount of money. I felt that our salary is not enough. Before we have the money in our hands, it is actually distributed to:
  • Apartment rent
  • Maid
  • Utility bills
  • School tuition of our child
  • Loans
  • Credit Cards
Sad it is.., Headache..,

Perfect timing! I told myself, I need this book. Baka may magic at hindi mabitin ang pera namin. :D

After a week of purchasing the book, i found time to read it.

Sige na we'll see kung may magic nga.. The book is divided into 7 Strategies.
  1. Save
  2. Give
  3. Get out of debt an stop borrowing
  4. Live Simply
  5. Magsipag, Mag negosyo
  6. Mag-invest
  7. Educate yourself

The first 2 strategies seem impossible for me. Bitin nga ang pera how can I possibly save and give? The 3rd Strategy is the one I need.
By reading the book, I was encouraged to pay our debts asap. By doing this we will be able to start saving and giving eventually. The book explained well how to do this. It also has excerpts from the bible how God wants us to handle our finances. There are a lot of verses in the Bible about finances and I made it as my guide in spending and saving.

I want to share with you this verse which I read in this book:

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law" Roman 13:8

The Lord commands me to pay my debts and it hit me hard. Tama si Lord. By paying my debts I will be able to save and give.

“The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.... Do not be a man who strikes hands in pledge or puts up security for debts; if you lack the means to pay, your very bed will be snatched from under you".  Proverbs 22:7, 22:26-27

 So there, for only Php 50 I learned a lot on handling our finances. This book is a big help nakabayad na tuloy ako sa isa kong cc. The author made it soooo lightly, hindi din boring. Kaya if you have financial challenges, this book will help you big time.
 :)

Comments

Marjorie said…
mukhang kailangan ko din basahin to kasi problema ko din ang pagtitipid ng pera. thanks for sharing :)
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
Thanks for dropping by. Yup this book is really helpful.. Next up : buhay na di bitin.. Di ko lang mkita sa national e..
Anonymous said…
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.
JJC TM Series Multi-Function Timer Remote Control