Goodbye RCBC Bankard

I've been itching to close one of our credit cards since last year. We have over used our credit limits for vacations and gadgets. We have spoiled ourselves with travels and nice things. Now its pay back time and we want to clear our debts to start saving effectively. We realized that we are unable to save if we are still paying debts.

Come January 2012, Chinese New Year bonus once again! Thank God for this chance! Paid our outstanding balance in RCBC CC..


Yes! I called their hotline to inform that I have paid the full amount today and I want to cancel my card. The CS said that the payment will be posted tomorrow and I was advised to call again tomorrow to cancel our card. She also mentioned 2 conditions to officially cancel a cc.
  1. You should pay the outstanding balance in full
  2. Finish all of your installment plans
Check ! Check!

I remember what King Solomon said in the Bible " The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower becomes the lender's slave" (Proverbs 22:7)

I feel free! I don't want to be a slave of debt anymore! This is the beginning of a prosperous life for me and my better half and for that I thank God with all of my heart. :)






Comments

Sis, so happy for you!!this is it na talaga. Inggit much, this is your year na talaga!Gong Xi Fa Chai!
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
Thanks sis.., :) Kaya natin yan.. We've been praying for this diba? Eto na sis.. This is our year. Salamat sa suporta.. ^^ Check this as well share ko din.

http://iluvdarkpink.blogspot.com/2012/01/pera-na-hindi-bitin.html
Marjorie said…
wow inggit ako, this is what i've been working on, finishing my cc debt and have it cut for good. hopefully i can do it this year. congrats :)
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
kaya mo yan sis.. pero meron pa kong Loan at cc debt pa din. Ito e isa pa lang sa kanila.. hehe way to go. kaya natin to.
Donna said…
Hi,

ask ko lang when you cancelled your RCBC bankard, nag call ka lang sa hotline? hindi ka na nagsend ng any letter sa kanila? Thanks in advance.
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
Sorry sa late reply sis., I just called the hotline and paid for the remaining balances. Ok namn naprocess agad. You will be given 6 months to decide if you want to re-open your account again otherwise, you will need to reapply na. sorry tlaga for the late reply.