Shexy Chef: Baking 101

So I finally decided to try baking. Hubby and I went to a baking store nearby this afternoon. I was hesitant to buy basic baking supplies but he insisted, who am I not to oblige? Haha

I am glad that we have Baker's Central branch near us. It's a one-stop-shop for beginners like me and also to bakers who ran out of stocks at home.



I already have a list in my mind so I finished shopping quickly.

In my basket are the following:
▪️Measuring cups
▪️ Cookie pan
▪️ Loaf pan
▪️ Flour
▪️ Baking soda
▪️ Baking powder
▪️ Chocolate chips
▪️ Yeast
▪️ Brown Sugar
▪️ Butter

So let the baking begin! 

For dinner: Easy Messy Chicken ala Momma Cat (char)


and for midnight snack: Banana Chocolatey Loaf ala Momma Cat 


Not bad for a first timer right? The preparation was easy but the baking duration was long. I'm used to quick fire as my hubby says, I want to check my dishes from time to time while it's being cooked. That's the difference with baking. All you need to do is to mix the ingredients all together and just throw it in the oven...and wait. A test of my patience.

We had our dinner at 9pm followed by the banana cake before 12mn. It's already late (1238am) but I dont feel tired at all. I feel relaxed and more energized. Four more hrs to go and im 24hrs awake.

Baking is fun. I actually love it. Will do more baked dishes soon! Actually this is one tick off my bucket list. :) When I grow old I just want to stay at home cooking, baking, crocheting, gardening, nourishing my family and cats. Simple things. Motherly feels. Ganern.

Anyway it's time to sleep! Gud nyt! 

Xoxo

Baker's Central 
31 President's Ave. 
BF Paranaque City

Comments

Congrats on your new career, baking!! I love it sis!

Thank you for sharing!

Love Lots!
Sherlyn Cadizon said…
Hi sis! yup new hobby and career na din in the future hopefully. :D Love you too sis!