Smart Retention Program

Hola! This is going to be my first post this year. Haven't posted for quite sometime now. I missed blogging. Haha. Well this post is about my "journey" to Smart Plan retention.

My subscription ended last 2 Feb and prior to that day, I made a lot of queries on how to avail of their retention program. I was told that I needed to finish my contract first before applying for a retention. I was really excited to replace my 2 yr-old Iphone 4s with a 5s so on 30 Jan, I called the hotline again and I was assisted. I paid my balances plus the P2,500 for the device. I was really excited and started to follow up after 3 days. Came 13 Feb and my application was still in process, I was expecting to have my handset delivered after I paid my balances but they made me wait for 2 weeks. By then I decided to cancel my application. The CSR asked me why I wanted to cancel my application and even said "Sayang naman Ma'am" I told her what "Sayang" is, they are wasting my time. I  went to a nearby Smart Center in SM Aura. The staff assisted me promptly however they couldn't proceed with my application since my application via hotline has not yet been cancelled. Again, I was really disappointed with their system. How could my application and cancellation process be so slow. What kind of system do they have? Is this how they value their subscribers?

Today, I went to Smart SM Aura and asked for the status of my account and guess what? Yeah, it has not been cancelled yet. The staff called the hotline and instructed to cancel my account within 24 hrs as in ASAP. She gave me the phone and the CSR told me that they will do it within 24hrs. I just hope they will.

What I'm waiting now is the handset since they do not have Iphone 5s Gold on hand. They said that they will call me once the handset is available.

I just hope that Smart will value their subscribers specially those who completed the 24 month-contract. They should have informed me that application made via hotline is different from Smart Stores. If I was informed, I should have gone directly to Smart tower and save my time waiting for their long process.

=============
Update:
04-Mar-14

Still no sms / calls from Ms. Ivy of SM aura so me and hubby decided to visit the store today. We arrived around 10:30 and we were told that they still don't have stock for gold 5s. Good thing that I noticed their Iphone Promo, but their system was unavailable at the moment.



Hubby and I went to Smart Power Plant, I have decided to avail of the Gadget promo and have my plan downgraded from 2000 to plan 1500. Upon checking my account John (Sales) found out that my request for cancellation via hotline was NOT yet processed. Just imagine how disappointed I was. It's been a month now and the status is still the same. I called the hotline to request for cancellation for the Nth time. I was really furious, the csr put me on hold for about 10 minutes and told me that they have JUST cancelled my retention application.

John, processed my application and got my new Iphone 5/white/ 64gb -- no downpayment.



Gadget promo runs from Feb 28 to March 4.


My journey to SMART retention was really hard. I spent time and days waiting for my Iphone 5s, I thought that applying via hotline was the easiest way to process my application but it's the other way around, it was the most inconvenient way to get your application done. The fastest way is to get to any of their stores for any of your account concerns and requests. Even John of Smart Rockwell said that the Hotline is different from Smart stores, these hotline people are really not helpful. I was really disappointed with the way their Customer Support (hotline) handled my account.

Now I'm pretty happier with what I got. New phone, downgraded plan, with bigger memory without cash out. Thanks Smart Hotline for making the process HELL SLOW, they are the lousiest, rudest.. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE! You better review your employees' performance and find FRESH people for your team.


Comments