On Smoking

September ended and nobody woke me up! Could somebody explain this to me now? Huh?! Huh?! 

Kidding! Haha OMG time flies so fast. It's been a while. I just realized that November is coming to a close and I remember that I'm a blogger and I have a blog and I should be writing. haha.. I'm really sorry for the delay. 

Well, my October and November are good. I turned 30 last month and as usual we had a blast. Every year is the "Best Birthday Ever!" for me, but this year is quite different. I did something before I turned 30, something that I will forever thank myself for. 

Before my big 3-0 came, I decided to take courage to stop (my occasional-turned-4sticks-a-day) smoking. To tell you honestly, I'm not a chain smoker. I just smoke whenever I feel like doing it. When I'm disappointed, I hold on to that little thing and vent my anger. I smoke to get along. I started that way til it became a vice. I smoke even my peers are not smoking, I smoke whenever I come to the office, smoke again during work and smoke before going home (I don't smoke at home). I loved it, it became my best buddy. Hubby doesn't smoke nor drink and he would always tell me to stop.

Came 22 September, I stand firmly and decided to stop... and I stopped. Wanna know how? Did I take pills for this? Candy? E-cigarettes? Nah, nope.

Warning: Posts will be corny from here.

Before that very day, whenever I lit a cigarette, I would dose a prayer. Yes, you read it right. I didn't take any pills, not into candy every minute, no E-puffing, no anything, just Prayer.

I was not scared of getting sick, all of the smoking warnings didn't get into me, but the Lord has won me. For Jesus has suffered and died for me, He washed my sins with His blood. Who am I not to love Him back? In return, I just wanted to give Him honor. In everything I do, I want to praise Him for all His goodness and faithfulness. I quit smoking not because, I will eventually get sick or I will look old.I quit because I want to Honor God.

So to everyone who wants to quit smoking, drinking, gambling or any vices. If everything didn't work,if everything failed, try Jesus. God loves us so much and He wants to give us all the best in life, all we need to do is to obey and be faithful to Him as He is faithful to us.

Sabi nga nila, kung nakaya ko, kakayanin mo din and I know you can.

Thank you Jesus! We glorify Your name.


Comments