My little bundle of fur: Tennessee

I've been wanting to have a kitten at home but hubby won't support me because he doesn't like cats. To my surprise, he gave me a Siamese kitten on our 10th anniversary last August. I was so happy and kileg finding a kitten in a (Jollibee) paper bag.

Our first pictures together
Since it was our 10th year, we named her Tennessee (if it was our 3rd, we could name her Thirdy haha). Tennessee was just 2 mos old when we adopted her, she was really small and fragile. On her first week she would sleep a lot and eat less. I got worried, so i did some research and found that this is a normal behavior of a newly adopted cat. After a while she got used to her new home/family, and plays nonstop. I was actually not a cat/do/pet person not until this year. I just felt the need of having a cat at home, I also don't know why, maybe it comes with the age.

This is Tennessee at 4 mos, playing with her scratching post. We bought this in Cartimar for Php 250.
We give her Princess and Whiskas cat food, I also give her Fancy Feast and fish sometimes. So far so good she weighs 1.75kg now. I want her to be floppy like Pusheen but it seems that Siamese cats doesn't normally grow fat. We are planning to adopt another cat, a persian this time, hopefully soon.

Potty training was a breeze for cats vs. dogs. She used to poop and pee around the house but when we provided her with a  litter box, she managed to dispose properly without even training her (maybe it's their instinct).


Anti-rabies shot Php150 and grooming Php100
What I love about Tennessee is that she is really vocal. When she needs something she would meows on top of her lungs, specially if she is left alone in the living room. Siamese cats are known to be very affectionate cats she loves being on my lap, beside me, on my bed (but hubby doesn't like her on our bed). I really love to sleep with my cat, so I sleep on the sofa instead.

I really love Tennessee. A house is not a home without a cat in it. I want my cat to be happy so I hope We can adopt another one soon.


XOXO

Comments